Monday, November 1, 2010

The One About London...

After five days in London, it's great to be back in Salt Lake City. Actually, it's not that great because I have decided to move from Salt Lake City... haha whoa spoiler alert! But my trip was truly that inspiring. As mentioned in an earlier blog, my cousin's husband plays for the 49ers - which scheduled one of their season games in London. I was asked to accompany my cousin as it was her first time to Europe. In exchange for my time, I would be compensated with my own room at the same 5-star hotel as the 49ers. Seriously, Universe!?!

After arriving to Heathrow Airport, Tumua and I ate up Central London like hungry orphans. We sampled crepes near the London Eye, studied the beautiful facade at Westminster Abbey, watched the (albeit awkward) changing of the guards at Buckingham Palace, took a break at Trafalgar Square but re-energized after some shopping in Picadilly Circus. Include a late dinner with my cousin and her husband at the JW Marriott steakhouse, we readily retired to bed waking up the next day at 11:30am. Holy jet lag! And instead of painting the town red (again), Tumua and I met up and lazed around till dinner catching up on our respective lives. And I learned something new about my cousin: the inherent difficulty of being a football wife. You try raising three children while being married to an NFL player. That's one unpredictable variable.

Our remaining time in London was a blur of great laughs and a reunion with a city I am in love with. Highlights include:

"I'm having an ah-mazing time here in lahn-dohn"
- Isaac practicing his british accent at a fan rally in Trafalgar Square

"This side yell 'Kamete Kamete' and this side will yell 'Kaura Kaura'"
- Isaac teaching fans the All Blacks haka before freestyling maori-esque moves during their chant

"Troy Smith is a great guy"
- 49er rookie Mike Iupati's nervous answer to the question, how do you like blocking for Troy Smith?

"Before trying any more restaurants, we should ask if they have taste buds first"
- Tumua's response to a dining recommendation after bad initial experiences at local restaurants

Lastly, I realized that it's time to move! Unsure as to a specific destination but I'm giving myself 18 months to find a new place. And London is definitely in the mix... Any suggestions?

4 comments:

  1. make it an exotic location. as much as i'm gonna miss our late night/early morning catch up sessions...i'm excited to visit you wherever you go!!! happy to hear you had fun in london! so are we still on for the george? i found out i have to work during the day for the center...so hopefully the flts are open later that day

    ReplyDelete
  2. My vote is for Boston! I actually think you would really like living there. It's my favorite city in the U.S. Plus, I'm probably going to be moving somewhere in that vicinity for internship in July! :)

    My next choices (if you stay in the country) would be back to San Francisco, San Diego or Miami.

    ReplyDelete
  3. OOOOH HOW FUN!! Glad you enjoyed your trip. We have yet to go international. =) Miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. ooooh.. look at you superstar.. haha.. That's so awesome, I'm glad you enjoyed your trip, however, I'm sad I didn't get my package ssent to you hahaha.. hello, you need to post pictures! you should move to Florida.. :)

    ReplyDelete